One of the most important steps in the process of selling your home is Staging Your Home for Sale. This is one of the things you can do to get the most money for your home. However, this is also the hardest thing for most homeowners. We all love our homes and our possessions and it is hard to understand that not everyone will appreciate them as we do.
It is the job of your Realtor to give advice on staging your home. Sometimes it is tough to tell your sellers uncomfortable things about their homes.
Interior Designer Tara Jolly has a great article detailing the 10 Things no one wants to hear about their home. Click link for full article. https://www.true-design-house.com/blog/10-things-no-one-wants-to-tell-you-about-your-house-when-its-for-sale
1. Your house smells bad
2. Your pets have ruined things
3. Your clutter stresses people out
4. No one wants to imagine using your bathroom
5. Your messy closet makes people feel overwhelmed.
6. Being in your personal space make people feel uncomfortable.
7. Your messy yard makes people think you don't care for your home.
8. The kids toys and little things being all over makes people want to tidy your house up
9. Your dirty shoes and laundry are gross to people
10. All people really want is a clean slate
When sellers can objectively look at their own home thru the eyes of a buyer they are more likely to get more money for their home.